Wind and Storm Damage
You never know what life will blow in your direction; so, it’s good to know that Thompson Valley Restoration DKI Ltd. will come through for you. Sometimes the extent of the damage to the buildings is not readily apparent. Undetected damage from high winds can weaken a structure, creating possible hazards. Thompson Valley Restoration DKI Ltd. will properly asses your damaged property to ensure that the job is done in a thorough and timely manner.
Our wind and storm damage services include:
- 24-Hour Immediate Response
- Tree Removal
- Tarping Services and Temporary Repairs
- Roof Repairs
- Structural Repairs
Damages to Your Roof
High speed winds can loosen shingles and exterior finishes. The wind can peel back layers of your roof, which can lead to leaks and water damage in your home. Flying debris can also cause damage to your home. Shards of glass, tree branches and other debris can be a safety concern and should be addressed immediately.
How to Check for Storm Damage in Kamloops:
After a storm it’s best to inspect your roof for any damage to insure that you don’t have any leaks or punctures leading into your home.
- Outdoor Inspection – Look for missing or damaged shingles that are curled, cracked, or torn. If this damage is localized in a small portion of your roof, roofing repairs might be able to address the problem. More extensive damage sometimes necessitates complete roof replacement. Other parts of your home, including the chimney, ventilation pipes, roof flashing, gutters and fencing, can also become damaged.
- Indoor Inspection – It’s important to look inside for damage as well. This may be in the attic or near windows. Indoor damage includes moisture marks, brown, yellow, or grey stains, and peeling paint on walls and/or ceilings. These signs could indicate a damaged, leaking roof.
- Call Thompson Valley Restoration Ltd. – If you’re unsure how extensive the storm and wind damage to your roof are, call Thompson Valley Restoration Ltd. for a professional inspection. Getting on your roof yourself is not recommended as it can lead to personal injury and even further damage to your property. A trained professional will have the tools and safety techniques necessary to get up on your roof and check for damage.
When it’s stormy outside, lightning can strike your property and cause a fire to erupt. Has your property been damaged by fire or smoke? We also restore homes and businesses affected by fire and smoke damage. Call us now to see how we can help you.